Monday, August 24, 2009

On being pregnant

It's been fun posting pictures of our growing bean with updates of its progress but I haven't mentioned how pregnancy is affecting our lives.

To start, let me say I'm pretty darn lucky. Aside from a few days here and there of pretty annoying nausea and being in a constant state of drowsiness, I feel good. In fact, really good.

I don't have any data to back this, but I attribute my minimal bouts of morning sickness to all the fertility drugs I've taken. Oh trust me, at the beginning, I was a lunatic. But now, I think my hormones are so elevated that my new level of crazy is just my new normal. Scary, but true. So I didn't have that spike in hormones that most newly pregnant women get; I got mine about 11 months ago when I started my first (of three) rounds of fertility drugs.

I remember one day shortly after starting up my 3rd cycle of hormone therapy being at the gym (a place near and dear to me) and having to leave after my 2nd set because someone wanted to work in with me and I couldn't deal with people. Poor Brian just watched me rant, then waved bye-bye as I stormed out of there. Wow, I must have looked insane (Brian is nodding his head in agreement right about now...).

Anyway, the point is not that I'm a raging hormonal lunatic, which I probably am; the point is I feel that this pregnancy is going along quite smoothly. Even as I type this post at almost at 10.5 weeks, I'm amazed how fast it's progressing. Only 30 more weeks!


Wait, 30 more weeks? Hmm, maybe it's not going so fast...



Here's a shot of me at almost 10.5 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment