Thursday, February 4, 2010

Grandma saves the day!

Last weekend my mom came to visit and we had a whirlwind weekend of shopping, organizing, and assembling of the baby's room. It's about 95% complete and the stress of trying to get everything ready before the baby arrives has been lifted; thanks again, mom!

My favorite addition to the baby's room.

In my parent’s storage unit lived a weathered rocking chair. My great grandmother rocked my mom and Aunt in this chair and my siblings and I were also rocked in this chair. This chair has had multiple layers and colors of paint and chair padding and for the past 35 years has been neglected. Needless to say, it was in bad shape but held so many precious memories that no one had the heart to get rid of it. When we learned we'd be having a baby, I secretly hoped to inherit the chair. Thankfully my mom was thinking the same thing. After a long stay at the antique refinisher's shop, then another stay at the upholstery’s shop, the chair arrived with mom last Friday night.


It's perfect in size, color, and most of all in charm. I couldn't be happier. Coincidently, my friend Sara gave me a foot stool that after being reupholstered in the same fabric is a near perfect match. We can't wait to rock our baby in this chair and create new memories to add to the many memorable stories that already exist with our family heirloom.


Here is a picture of this adorable rocking chair and the baby's crib fully decked out in its jungle theme.
 

Baby McCormick is six weeks away!

No comments:

Post a Comment