Friday, February 19, 2010

Hellllooooo, belly!



Update on Little Mack: The little monster (I say that lovingly) is still moving about and kicking like the Karate Kid he/she dreams to one day become. Hi-yaaa!

We had our weekly OB appointment the other day and they did an ultrasound to ensure the baby was in the correct position.  It was; head down and ready for exit. Our doctor seemed pleasantly surprised at the activity level this jumping bean has. During the ultrasound the baby was kicking it's feet and punching with its arms. Needless to say, it was very entertaining. Our doctor said that an active baby is a sign of a healthy and happy baby. Music to our ears...

Update on Momma Mack: We are officially in week 36, otherwise known as month nine. My belly is HUGE! No, seriously, it is. You know it is when you can't tie your shoes or see your feet for that matter. I've slowed down a little; breathing is a challenge (especially when a certain someone is kicking my ribs) and workouts are becoming shorter and less intense. Overall, I have no complaints.

One of my favorite pastimes is to sit and stare at my moving belly. I swear this kid is all over the place. In a matter of minutes my stomach will reshape itself from round to square to oblong to wiggly. It's hilarious. Okay, a little (I lied, a lot) uncomfortable, but hilarious nonetheless.  And I'm overjoyed knowing the baby is healthy and happy.

Knowing we have literally a few weeks until the due date, we're trying hard to embrace these final days and relish in the journey we've taken to get to today.  We are terribly excited about this kid entering our lives and cannot wait for you to meet the little bugger.

1 comment: