Thursday, March 11, 2010

What's in a name?

Who knew naming a human could ensue such stress.  We've literally discussed names for several years now and still cannot concur.  We'll be entering the hospital with a handful of names; male, female, and gender neutral and decided we'll pick a name when we see the baby.  In the meantime, we've have had fun generating nicknames. Here's a brief listing of those names:

Baby Mack - this name originates from a nickname, Coach Mac, given from some of Brian's football coaching buddies. What I didn't learn until recently is that he never spelled Mack with a 'k'. Whoops, my bad for not spell checking with the hubby...
The Bean - at the first ultrasound, the baby was about the size of a bean. 
YOUR child (said directly to Brian) - This one was only used during bouts of morning sickness or when I was getting severely kicked. 
MY child - (said by me) - used when the baby wasn't making me want to hurl up my breakfast or fiercly kicking and bruising my organs.  This nickname isn't said very often...
The Kid - I suppose we're jumping ahead of ourselves and forgetting the baby years.  Denial is lovely.
It - When you don't know the gender, 'it' works...
Little Bugger - naturally, said in the nicest way possible.
Wiggle Bottoms - if you have had the opportunity to see this baby's butt protrude out of my stomach, you wouldn't question the name.  This kid is already a yogi in downward dog position. 
Pele - this kid can really kick. 
Little Monster - this baby loves, loves, loves to move around and kick like crazy.  The name suits the personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment