Thursday, December 20, 2012

Here comes Santa Claus

Our boys were fortunate enough to see Santa Claus not once, but TWICE this year. 

The first photo attempt Brock had just finished up swim class and his eyes were burning red.  Brian was not too keen on the way the pictures turned out.  And Cade looked frightened.  I can't blame him.  The photographer's assistant used this hideous sounding clacking things to get the kids attention.  I'm not a pro in the Santa picture taking department, but I was Santa's Helper in the 9th grade and I will tell you this - I would have never chosen such a toy to encourage children to smile.  Clack Clack Clack Clack Clack Clack - oh the noise!  It still haunts me.  But I digress...

Photo One
So, two days later, after selecting two more equally adorable outfits, I braved the mall again. This time, Brock did not have swim class in the morning so his eyes weren't blazing red.  Cade, however, needed to be woken up from a pretty solid nap.  He was less than pleased with me.  So again, he looks frightened (could be from the clacking toy again). 

Much to my surprise, Santa did not wear his hat.  Of course in the frenzy of fixing hair, adjusting sweaters, and focusing my camera lens, I didn't take notice.  That was until we were finished and reviewing the series of pictures you are forced get to buy. When I inquired about his hat, the charming teenager working the cash register simply said he gets too hot in his hat so you need to request that he wear it.  What the...????


Photo Two (Santa looking cheesy sans his hat)
Yo, Santa, if you can't hack the job, then don't accept the job offer.  Just sayin'...
Merry Christmas from the McCormicks!

No comments:

Post a Comment